Chief Executive Officer / CEO Employee Benefits Advisory Organization
|Location:||Indianapolis, IN or Chicago, IL|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Are you a team-oriented, strategic thinking executive with strong Employee Benefits experience? United Benefit Advisors (UBA), a unique community of more than 140 of the most successful and most trusted independent employee benefits advisory firms in North America and Europe, is hiring a Chief Executive Officer. |
We need a proven leader, someone with a strong knowledge of the employee benefits profession, coupled with experience of managing a member operated association. Under the direction of our Board of Directors, you will provide strategic leadership regarding industry-specific trends and opportunities, plan business objectives, develop organizational policies, and establish responsibilities and procedures for obtaining objectives. Establishing credibility among all stakeholders (Board of Directors, Partners, Vendors & Staff) as an effective leader in solving business challenges is imperative. You must be a collaborative decision maker who has the ability to see the "big picture", but doesn't mind "rolling up your sleeves" and getting the work done. Strong public relations skills and effective “front of room” speaking experience are a must.
A team mentality, high energy and passion are vital to your success. If you think you have what it takes to provide exceptional service to our 140+ partner firms, click on the 'APPLY NOW' button below to initiate the process.
No recruiters, please.
|Duties:||• Under the direction of the UBA Board of Directors develop UBA’s strategic plan by aligning it with the marketplace and partner firm priorities|
• Monitor and report on progress toward achievement of strategic plan goals
• Provide leadership through turbulent challenges and opportunities that exist in today’s environment
• Continually reassess the market, industry and organization; recognize future opportunities and challenges; and implement procedures to take advantage of change
• Build and maintain a strong, engaged Partnership, including recruitment and integration of new Partner firms
• Provide hands-on leadership
• Attain consensus across an array of stakeholders
• Communicate skillfully by speaking and listening effectively to a wide audience of people, including Partners, staff and the Board of Directors
• Promote an organizational culture that fosters open and frequent communication, teamwork, appreciation and a passion for the organization’s mission
• Maintain UBA’s culture of trust
• Lead, inspire and empower the organization’s professional staff; ensure that staff and Partner priorities are aligned
|Qualifications:||• 10+ years of related executive-level experience |
• Strong knowledge of the employee benefits profession and extensive understanding of the employee benefits brokerage and advisory world
• Strategic visionary
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proven track record of success in organizational leadership
• Successful direction of volunteer Board members
• Strong organizational, leadership and management skills
• Demonstrated history as a consensus builder
• Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with staff, Partners and the Board of Directors
• Impeccable reputation of integrity and trustworthiness
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus
• Employee benefits credentials preferred
• The ideal candidate will be willing to relocate to one of our primary office locations in Chicago, IL or Indianapolis, IN
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.